Prep: 10 min
Cook: 30 min
• 1 Pound fresh ground beef
• 1 C. Steakhouse Better Butter
• 4 Hamburger buns
• 4 Slices of cheddar or swiss cheese
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 Large yellow onion, sliced
• Optional toppings such as lettuce, tomato, and pickles
1. Start by caramelizing the onions. Heat a tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes until they are translucent and golden brown. Set aside.
2. Use the same skillet or preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
3. Take the pound of fresh ground beef and shape it into four equal portions, forming each into a juicy patty. Season each patty with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Place the patties on the hot grill or skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until they reach the desired level of doneness.
5. While the patties are cooking, generously spread 2 Tbsp. of Steakhouse Better Butter on each of the hamburger buns.
6. Once the patties are almost cooked, top each one with one slice of cheese. Let it melt.
7. Lightly toast the buttered buns on the grill or skillet until they are warm and golden.
8. Assemble the burgers by placing the cheese-topped patty on the bottom bun, and adding a spoonful of caramelized onions on top. Add any desired toppings such as lettuce, tomato, and pickles.
9. Add the top bun and enjoy the buttery, cheesy goodness!