Prep: 5 min
Cook: 25 min
- 1 C. White rice
- 2 C. Vegetable stock
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 4 Tbsp. Garlic Herb Better Butter
- 1 C. Fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the rice in a fine mesh strainer under running water until the water runs clear.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 Tbsp of the butter over medium heat.
- Add the rice to the melted butter and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until the rice is lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Add the vegetable stock and salt to the saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Cover the saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let the rice stand for 5 minutes, covered.
- In a small saucepan, melt the remaining 2 Tbsp. of butter over medium heat.
- Stir the melted butter into the cooked rice, using a fork to fluff the rice and distribute the butter evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired and serve immediately!