Cooking Difficulty: Easy to Medium
Serving Size: 6 servings (half an apple each)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- 3 Large apples, such as Honeycrisp, Braeburn, or Granny Smith
- 4 Tbsp. Chocolate Better Butter
- 1 C. Rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp. Cinnamon Brown Sugar Better Butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
6 Scoops of vanilla ice cream or preferred flavor
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375°F.
- Wash and dry the apples. Slice each apple in half from stem to base. With a spoon or melon baller, scoop out the seeds and create a shallow well in the center of each half, ensuring not to pierce through the skin.
- Generously spoon the Chocolate Better Butter into the well of each apple half.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the rolled oats with the melted Cinnamon Brown Sugar Better Butter and salt. Mix until the oats are well-coated with the butter mixture.
- Heap the oat topping mixture onto each chocolate butter-filled apple half. Press the topping gently to ensure it sticks.
- Lay the apple halves in a baking dish with a bit of water at the base to keep them moist during baking.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the apples turn soft and the oat topping turns golden.
- Remove the baking dish and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Plate an apple half and complement it with a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!