Prep: 10 min
Cook: 30 min
- 1 Pound (box) Bowtie pasta
- 12 Strips of bacon, diced
- 2 C. Frozen green peas
- ½ C. Red onion, chopped
- 8 Tbsp. Garlic Parmesan Basil Butter
- 1/2 C. Grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ C. Fresh mint, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water after straining.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced bacon and cook until crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet using a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the onion. Cook until just tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the green peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt the Garlic Parmesan Basil Butter over low heat.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the skillet with the onion and green peas.
- Pour the melted Garlic Parmesan Basil Butter over the pasta and toss to combine.
- Add the bacon and grated Parmesan cheese to the pasta and toss to combine.
- If the pasta mixture is too dry, add a little of the reserved pasta water until you reach the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped mint.
- Serve immediately!