One-Pot Lemon Herb Chicken Orzo
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1.5 lbs Boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 Tbsp. Lemon Herb Better Butter
- 1 C. Orzo pasta
- 3 C. Chicken broth
- 1 C. Water
- 1 Medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 C. Frozen peas
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley or dill for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon of Lemon Herb Better Butter over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until they become translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute until fragrant.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, then add them to the pot. Cook until the chicken is lightly browned on all sides, but not cooked all the way through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside.
- Stir in the orzo pasta and cook for another 2 minutes, allowing it to toast slightly.
- Pour in the chicken broth and water, making sure the orzo is mostly submerged. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed, then remove from heat.
- Stir in the frozen peas and the remaining 3 tablespoons of Lemon Herb Better Butter. Stir well until the butter is melted and everything is evenly combined.
- Add the browned chicken back into the pan.
- Transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with lemon zest, parsley or dill, and add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!